Archery Crazy Facts : Updated

 Archery Crazy Facts



Archers used live pigeons as archery targets in the 1900 Olympic Games.

Yes you heard it right this is a crazy fact about Archery history. In the 1990 era around thousands of pigeons died only because of being a target of the archer. There was no rules and regulations toward furious killing of the birds.






CRAZY Archery Facts

How Bird killing stopped?

The Wildlife Protection Act (WPA) of 1972 protects birds, making it unlawful to collect, keep, kill, buy/sell, or damage their nests.
This Act applies to all indigenous bird species.
The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Animals (CITES) regulates international bird trade (Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species).
India is a party to an international agreement that ensures full protection for all migratory animals, making it illegal to trap, capture, hold, kill, or trade them.

Different Birds Got Rights after Wildlife Protection Act ( Crazy Fact )

India does not have any parrots. Parakeets are the green birds that we incorrectly refer to as parrots. Keeping them in cages is against the law. These birds are frequently used by so-called fortune tellers.
The penalty is a fine and up to five years in prison.
The only exceptions are lovebirds and blue rock pigeons, which are both forbidden to maintain in captivity.
Farming or keeping peacocks is prohibited. It is illegal to enclose or attempt to contain natural populations of these birds.
The WPA protects pheasants, jungle fowl, and partridges (teetar). Hunting, killing, buying, selling, eating, or serving them is prohibited.

Colouring birds (as done by bird dealers to make them look more appealing) is forbidden since the chemical colour is poisonous and probably carcinogenic.

Cutting a bird's feathers is unlawful since it equates to maiming the bird, which is a crime under IPC Section 428/429.

Under the PCA, cockfighting is a punishable offence. As a result, raising and teaching birds to combat is also prohibited.

Keeping or training falcons and hawks is prohibited. Because it is unlawful to buy or keep birds, it is also prohibited to hold bird release ceremonies to commemorate events when the birds were obtained through a sale.


Previous
Next Post »

19 comments

Click here for comments
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 12:32 AM ×

It suits me best ...because facts always excites me as a reader and it gives us a reason to believe in something which is being said in the passage.

Reply
avatar
Surabhi
admin
November 26, 2021 at 12:45 AM ×

It suits best for me.....as with the article facts we get to know about the various thing that we don't know and also about the various facts around the world happening

Reply
avatar
November 26, 2021 at 12:47 AM ×

It suits me best because all the people who want to know something new something natural something god gifted thing they were excited to see new knowledge always

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 12:51 AM ×

This suits best for me as these are short, crisp, informative, easy to understand and better looking than the descriptive ones

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 1:15 AM ×

It suits me the best because I am always Ready to learn new things every day . And this type of articles I can learn new things every day . And I can also help me in the future , because the learned knowledge can help u anytime in anyface of life .
Thanks

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 1:45 AM ×

This type of article suits me the best. . because I am really inquisitive about reading it further and this also adds to my knowledge.

Reply
avatar
Pravalika
admin
November 26, 2021 at 1:47 AM ×

It suits me best. Because all the people want to something newand easy to understand and get knowledge about general knowledge questions it improves our learning skills it is useful.
Thanks

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 2:11 AM ×

It suits best for me as people generally tend to read passage which are sharp and crisp, and can give more information in short span of time. It attracts the readers attention and can learn more things.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 2:20 AM ×

This type of articles suit me the best because it attracts the readers to learn new and important things in a wise manner

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 3:09 AM ×

It suits me best ...because facts excites me as a reader and it gives us a reason to believe in something which is being said in the passage.

Reply
avatar
Praveen Sahoo
admin
November 26, 2021 at 3:51 AM ×

It suits me best because i have a knowledge about everything even its a little bit but i will happy to get learnt more deeply.

Reply
avatar
Shraddha Gattani
admin
November 26, 2021 at 4:24 AM ×

It is best suited for me. As i have a keen interest in collecting new information and reading facts.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 4:44 AM ×

It suits best for me because facts encourage me to explore more and read more excitingly as a result I can give more than 100%.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
November 26, 2021 at 8:51 PM ×

It suits me because I am eager to read and get to know more and more about things and because of this curiosity I love reading about facts.

Reply
avatar
Änitya
admin
November 26, 2021 at 11:17 PM ×

This article suits me as it is short and informative, making it interesring to read and understand

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
admin
November 26, 2021 at 11:41 PM ×

This suits best for me as it is shorter, and enhances my knowledge in a much efficient way, than the descriptive ones.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
December 18, 2021 at 11:16 PM ×

This is totally new information or fact I know. Killing bird , keeping, capturing is illegal still people do this. Many birds come to India and we know why? I can imagine that surely some of them are get killed by local for their own benefit.

Reply
avatar